Job Opportunity : 03/2016
Designer + Project Manager | New York City, NY
The Display Shop is a small agency of creative thinkers. Our passion is telling brand stories through structure, imagery and experiences. We are a full service agency, catering primarily to high-end retail clients. We design, engineer and fabricate a variety of displays, graphics and fixtures both in-house and in collaboration with our many partners around the country. We then execute the installation of these and many other projects with the network of installers we have stationed across the United States and Canada. TDS is committed to delivering displays that produce the strongest possible connection with our client’s customers. We are currently seeking designers who feel comfortable managing the fabrication and implementation of their own projects. We are searching for candidates with both solid graphic sensibility and strong leadership capabilities. This person must be competent in handling and organizing a large volume of projects and interfacing with all levels of management, millworkers, installers, vendors and suppliers. Strong digital modeling and rendering abilities plus proficiency and accuracy in Rhino and AutoCAD is a must. Skill and Requirements:
- Bachelors of Architecture, Bachelors of Industrial Design or Bachelors of Interior Design degree & eligibility to work in the United States.
- Availability to begin within the next month.
- Hard working, reliable, punctual personality.
- Skilled at multitasking and working toward multiple deadlines.
- Ability to take direction and to work self-sufficiently. Keep and open mind and possess the flexibility to perform a variety of tasks.
- Excellent design and communication techniques, with special emphasis on interpersonal skills to correspond effectively with clients, fabricators and consultants.
- Extensive knowledge of 3D modeling, presentation and design software: Rhino, AutoCAD, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop are key.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in both high-end interior renovations and high-end fixture detailing is a plus.
- Reside within commuting distance to NYC.
All candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and at least 3 examples of design work that best illustrates the candidates design ability (either professional or academic) via email to: Info@ByTDS.com
Include “Designer – Your Name” in the emails subject line. Please send all items as attachments to the email in .PDF format. The total size of your email should not exceed 10MB. Please do not send disks or hard copies, and please no phone calls or drop-in inquiries. Salary commensurate with the education level completed, professional experience, and demonstrated knowledge. Equal-opportunity employer.